To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the RentingTime website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are name, address, email, phone numbers, credit card/payment information, etc.
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to list an apartment/home. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that listings.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Rentingtime.com may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Affiliates. RentingTime.com may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
- Requests. RentingTime.com maintains relationships with third party providers for some of the products and services offered through the Site. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that RentingTime.com may share personally identifiable information as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you request information about a unit or floorplan for a property advertised on the Site, RentingTime.com will share the information collected through such request with that property (or its designee) and any other parties providing that listing (e.g., if a third party management company provides the listing to us on behalf of the property). In some cases, the information that you provide through the Site may be collected directly by a third party or its designee (e.g., through forms hosted by such third party or on a page framed with RentingTime.com branding). Personally identifiable information also may be shared with the specific third parties that can respond to your requests in the form of reporting and other follow-up communications. The subsequent use or disclosure of any information collected by or provided to third parties is subject to their privacy policies and practices.
- Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by RentingTime.com and a third party, RentingTime.com reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is RentingTime.com’s policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third party direct marketing materials, RentingTime.com may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although RentingTime.com will endeavor to notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Service Providers. RentingTime.com may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, credit card processing and other services. For example, RentingTime.com may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to RentingTime.com by credit card, RentingTime.com may share your personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on RentingTime.com’s behalf. In such cases, RentingTime.com requires that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by RentingTime.com.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event RentingTime.com sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform RentingTime.com you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, RentingTime.com may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. RentingTime.com expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse, or unauthorized use of the Site and/or RentingTime.com services, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of RentingTime.com or any of its businesses. If you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site (e.g., by posting a listing which contains personally id RentingTime.com certifiable information), anyone may see and use such information and RentingTime.com is not responsible for such use. RentingTime.com reserves the right to share any personally identifiable information you post on the Site with third parties. To the extent RentingTime.com does so, the subsequent use and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
Please note that the messages that RentingTime.com sends to you to confirm, fulfill, or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from RentingTime.com or its partners. In the case of these messages, RentingTime.com is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. RentingTime.com reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Usage Data is used by RentingTime.com for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, RentingTime.com may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
With respect to promotional materials and newsletters that RentingTime.com may send via email from time to time, ApartmentHomeLiving.com will not continue to send you such communications if you ask us not to, as described below in the Section entitled "Accessing, Changing or Deactivating Information Collected by RentingTime.com." However, you agree that RentingTime.com may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, account status, changes to this Statement or the ApartmentHomeLiving.com Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your registration, service or a request submitted through the Site.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by emailing the site administrator. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.