Checklist to Prepare for the Moving Day
Moving can be a stressful and emotional time for the whole family, but it doesn't have to
be something to worry about and dread. Being prepared and getting excited about the new
life you are about to begin will help during this difficult time. Take a look at this
article to find out what you should do before moving.
To do before moving:
- Ensure that you let your local post office know that you are planning to move address.
This is important and you need to ensure that you apply for a change of address before moving
which you can do right here online.
- Make a list of everyone who needs to know about your move. This can include relatives and
friends as well as businesses, doctors and any other medical staff. You should then ensure
that you inform them of your new address.
- Spend a day sorting through all of your belongings and get rid of anything which you
know you don't need or can live without. Donate unwanted items to charity or hold a yard sale to make
some extra cash. This will also help to reduce the weight of your move.
- Give any old clothes, shoes, blankets and items which you don't use anymore to charity
before moving. If you get receipts then you can later apply for a deduction of tax.
- If you have a lot of house and garden plants and you aren't planning on taking them to your new address,
give them to somebody who might get some use out of them such as hospitals and any other charities
that might benefit.
- If you have pets, always ensure that your new home allows them before taking them with your.
Plan a trip to your local veterinarian so that you can obtain proof of vaccinations.
- Pop down to your library with all of your unwanted books and remember to return any books
or items you have borrowed as well; they will greatly appreciate it.
- A few days before the move, try to use non-perishable foods such as canned items you
had been saving so that you won't have to take them with you.
- If you need to go shopping, try not to buy too much and only purchase items you
know you are going to use up before you move.
- Make sure that the whole family is prepared for moving to your new home.
Say goodbye to favourite places and people before moving and make sure that you take your memories
with you to your new life.